Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Denver Pitch Bootcamp - from the Founder Institute
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (MDT)
In three hours, the Pitch Bootcamp will help you refine your startup idea, improve your pitching skills, and recruit potential cofounders. Join us for a fun evening.
What is the Pitch Bootcamp?
The Pitch Bootcamp provides expert advice with real-world practice. The evening begins with talks by leading startup Founders designed to help you refine your skills. Then, you pitch in front of both experts and your peers to receive constructive feedback. The evening format is based on the best practices of the Founder Institute, the largest pre-seed incubator in the world. Pizzas and drinks will also be provided.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who has an idea or an early-stage company that wants to improve their pitch.
- Anyone interested in learning more about the Founder Institute.
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup as a cofounder or early team member.
What is the Agenda?
06:00 to 06:20 PM - Welcome to Pitch Bootcamp!
06:20 to 06:40 PM - Founder Institute Q&A
06:40 to 07:10 PM - Mike Stemple on Ideation
07:10 to 07:30 PM - Jon Nordmark on Pitching
07:30 to 07:40 PM - Food Break
07:40 to 08:10 PM - Three Minute Pitch Practice to the Audience
08:10 to 09:00 PM - Speed Pitching to Peers
09:00 PM - After Party at a Local Bar
Who will be Speaking?
The Local Director of the Founder Institute, as well as some of the program's highest rated Mentors, will speak and provide feedback on company pitches. Confirmed speakers include;
- Jon Nordmark, Founder & CEO of Wambo and UsingMiles.com - Jon and a small team founded eBags.com in 1998, and he remained CEO until the spring of 2008. As a "drop ship" and "customer voice" pioneer, eBags sold 9.4 million bags, and raised $30 million during Jon's CEO tenure. eBags became profitable in 2001, having never done a "down round" of funding despite the dot bomb, terrorist attacks (which stalled luggage sales) and the 2000-1 recession. In 2009, Jon founded Wambo which starts 100% digital companies capable of operating with extremely small staffs. It also helps other entrepreneurs keep their dreams alive. In January 2011, Jon assumed the role of CEO at UsingMiles.com. Jon was awarded the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for the Rocky Mountain Region in 2003, and the Colorado Software and Internet Association gave him the Lifetime Achievement Award for dedication to Colorado's technical community in 2009. Jon Co-Leads the Denver Founder Institute with Jim Franklin.
- Mike Stemple, Founder & CEO of Mosoro - Until recently, Mike served as Founder and CEO of Odojo, which allowed parents to monitor their child's Social Networks for inappropriate content & the Internet for leaks of their personal information. Odojo was acquired by SafetyWeb in July of 2010. Previous to Odojo he served as Founder and President of SkinIt, Original Wraps, and Bottle Wraps Inc. After leading SkinIt Inc. through two years of revenue growth and international expansion, he navigated the successful sale of the company to Global Wireless Entertainment, Inc., a leading provider of brand management services. Skinit has gone on to be the leader in consumer electronic personalization and in June of 2010 the company raised $60 million dollars on a +$100 million valuation (5.5 years in business). Original Wraps has become the leader in vehicle personalization and now powers every major car company's personalization program. Mike is also currently the highest rated Mentor for the Denver Founder Institute.
Where is the Bootcamp?
This event will be held at the Holme Roberts & Owen (HRO) LLP Office, located at 1700 Lincoln Street, Suite 4100 in Denver. Paid Parking is available at the Broe Parking Garage on 1745 Sherman Street, as well as Ruiz Parking on 1600 Lincoln Street. Most street-metered parking becomes free at 6pm, so that may be an option as well.
What is the Founder Institute?
The Founder Institute is a global network of startups and mentors that helps entrepreneurs launch meaningful and enduring technology companies. Through our four month pre-seed incubator program, you can launch your dream company with expert training, feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs, while not being required to quit your day job. Our unique Bonus Pool also shares equity upside with all participants, creating local, teamwork-based ecosystems where great startups can flourish. In less than two years of operation, the Founder Institute has already helped launch over 275 technology companies in over 15 cities worldwide.
How do I join the Institute?
Apply to the Founder Institute at the link below. If you apply before or during the Ideation Bootcamp, the $50 Application Fee will be waived and you will be entered to win a 16 GB iPad 2 at the event. Here is the special application link.
Special thanks to;
When & Where
Founder Institute Madrid
El Founder Institute es una red global de startups y mentores que apoya a emprendedores en el lanzamiento de compañías de tecnología que tengan un valor significativo y perduren en el tiempo. A través de nuestro programa cuatrimestral de incubación de proyectos en su estado inicial, podrás lanzar la empresa de tus sueños, gracias al asesoramiento que recibirás de nuestros expertos y experimentados CEOs de otras startups de solvencia, sin tener que dejar tu trabajo habitual. Además, por medio de nuestro Bonus Pool, todos los participantes comparten ganancias potenciales, creando un ecosistema basado en la colaboración y el trabajo en equipo donde las grandes startups florecen.
En sus primeros cuatro años de operación, el Founder Institute ha contribuido al lanzamiento de más de 700 empresas tecnológicas en más de 40 ciudades alrededor del mundo, gracias a su innovadora y diferencial metodología.